TAing is a great way to dig a little bit deeper into the material for a course, get practice working in a group of peers, interact more closely with a professor, learn something about how courses are run, make some money, and maybe even have fun doing it! If you've taken a CS class, we want you to apply!
Brown University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, and protected persons. (Click here for more information.)
The TA hiring process is coordinated by the Meta TAs.
All undergraduate and Masters students are eligible to apply. (PhD students are not eligible for HTA / UTA / STA positions, but PhD students in the Computer Science department may be hired as Graduate TAs. Graduate TAs are hired separately from this process—speak to your advisor if you're a Computer Science PhD student who wishes to become a Graduate TA.)
- Fall 2021 HTA hiring has concluded.
- Fall 2021 UTA and STA applications have closed for all courses except cs0150. If you wish to submit a late application, contact the professor/HTAs of the course you wish to apply to. If they approve, forward this email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TA hiring for summer courses has concluded.
Fall 2021 Timeline
Fall 2021 HTA hiring has concluded.
|Wed, Mar 3||Fall 2021 UTA / STA applications open|
|Wed, Mar 10||Fall 2021 UTA / STA applications close @ 5pm ET|
|Mar 11 – Apr 16||Fall 2021 UTA / STA applicants are interviewed|
|Fri, Apr 30||Latest date that all Fall 2021 UTA / STA applicants hear back|
First, check out these FAQs. If you don't find an answer, contact
- the MTAs for questions about the hiring process, the TA program as a whole, or MTAing
- the professor of the course for questions about HTAing a specific course
- the professor or HTAs of the course for questions about UTAing a specific course
- the Socially Responsible Computing HTAs (HSTAs) for questions about the STA program