This page is for prospective PhD students. Current students, go here.
We offer world-class research and education in an interdisciplinary environment (for more detail on the below, click here):
- A lower student/faculty ratio than many of our peers
- Full financial support while completing the degree (full tuition, health insurance, a generous stipend)
- Teaching assistantships for students who want to hone their teaching skills
- Shared offices that overlook Brown's scenic campus
- Opportunities to serve on important committees and organize seminars and other events
- Students can take courses from Harvard, MIT, RISD, and other institutions without additional cost (see here for details and restrictions)
"Brown CS makes it very easy to talk to a professor and join their research group. I was very surprised how much of a family feeling the department has...here you chat with everyone at the coffee machine."
— Emanuel Zgraggen, PhD student
- How do I apply?
- Why is Brown a great place to study CS at all levels?
- What are the requirements for earning a PhD?
- How do I transfer graduate credit from another institution? Fill out this form and this one and give them to Lauren Clarke.
- What do young researchers working in industry say about the benefits of earning a PhD?
- How can I learn more about the program? Read our FAQ.
- How can I learn more about grad school application and life? (Professor Shriram Krishnamurthi gives answers.)
- How do I ask additional questions? (Email link)