Events Schedule for the Next Three Months:
- Wednesday, May 24 12:00PM - 01:00PM, Lubrano Conference Room
- Thesis Proposal: Automating Database Design for Streaming Workloads with Shared Mutable State
- John Meehan
Host: Professor Stan Zdonik
- Friday, May 26 2:00PM - 06:00PM, CIT, Atrium (3rd Floor)
- Commencement is a busy time, so if you want to attend, please go to http://cs.brown.edu/events/reunion to RSVP no later than April 15.
- When John Savage came to Brown a half-century ago, computing was thought of as a service, not a discipline, and the idea of a Department of Computer Science at Brown was highly controversial. Few could have predicted the infrastructure necessary today, or the challenges we face in the areas of cryptography, cybereconomics, big data, and many others.
One of the founders of Brown CS, John's interests have changed as our field has changed, leading him to contribute to such areas as computational complexity, scientific computation, computational nanotechnology, and cybersecurity policy and technology.
Join us at Room 130 of 85 Waterman Street from 2-6 PM on Friday, May 26, for a celebration of how John Savage and Brown CS evolved together, including research talks as well as personal reminiscences. A reception will follow at 115 Waterman Street on the third floor of the CIT. (Please note that this event will take the place of the annual Brown CS Reunion.)
You can find directions to the CIT here. For more information, please contact email@example.com or call 401-863-7600.
- Friday, May 26 6:30PM - 08:00PM, 3rd Floor Atrium
- Reception for Professor John Savage