The following positions are currently available:
- Multiple tenure-track or tenured positions in data science. This year, we are seeking applications in the following sub-areas, broadly construed:
- Machine learning, including but not limited to machine-learning theory and algorithms; machine learning for speech, vision, robotics and text; deep learning, reinforcement learning, and data mining.
- Data science systems, including but not limited to large-scale data management; systems, tools, and languages for machine learning, data analytics, and data mining.
The successful candidates will be affiliated with the DSI and will have their tenure homes in the CS Department. Click the link that follows for more details or to apply.
- A tenure-track or tenured position in computational biology. This is a joint search with the Brown Center for Computational Molecular Biology (CCMB). We invite applicants who develop and apply analytical and computational approaches to important biological questions. We seek an innovative and accomplished scientist whose research program is motivated by understanding biological systems (for example, genomics, gene expression and regulatory genomics, gene genealogies and macroevolutionary relationships). Click the link that follows for more details or to apply.
- A faculty position in the tracks of lecturer, senior lecturer, professor of the practice, or professor (research) at all ranks. Lecturers, senior lecturers, and professors of the practice are expected to teach four courses per year for a full-time appointment, or two or three courses per year for a part-time appointment. Faculty holding the title professor (research) are expected to teach two courses (half-time effort) and are expected to cover the remainder of their time with sponsored research (optionally to be done in conjunction with a departmental research group). We will consider applications at all ranks. The initial appointment would be for a 3-year period (renewable with potential for promotion). Click the link that follows for more details or to apply.
Post Doctoral Research Associate
- DSI-TRIPODS Postdoctoral Research Associate. The Data Science Initiative (DSI) at Brown University seeks applications for non-tenure track faculty positions with a start date of July 1, 2018. These are one-year positions, potentially renewable for a second year.
Candidates are required to have received a Ph.D. degree or equivalent by the start of this appointment. There will be teaching opportunities in mathematics, statistics, and data science courses at the undergraduate and/or Masters level. Responsibilities include active engagement in DSI activities. Successful candidates will contribute to the data science research activities of the NSF-TRIPODS Phase 1 Institute, which include (but are not limited to) geometry and topology of data, causal and model-based inference, and data analysis on massive graphs and networks.
To apply, please use Interfolio (https://apply.interfolio.com/49651) and submit the relevant materials (cover sheet, curriculum vitae, a concise description of research and teaching interests, and three letters of recommendation. Applications will be considered until the position(s) are filled but we strongly encourage the candidates to submit complete applications (including reference letters) by April 6, 2018 for full consideration). Inquiries should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.