This page is for all prospective students. International applicants, please click here.
Our remarkable students conduct cutting-edge research and combine technical strength with a great diversity of backgrounds. Our graduates have an outstanding record of innovation and maintain strong ties with each other.
Students work with world-class faculty through coursework, research projects, and theses, and contribute to instruction as teaching assistants.
Brown provides excellent resources: pleasant office space, quality computing equipment, several specialized labs, and an attractive building close to restaurants and shops.
We're conveniently located in Providence, less than an hour from Boston and three hours from New York. We've been compiling rave reviews of our city's walkability, cultural attractions, and quality of life. If you're coming for a visit, be sure to check out this helpful guide: the College Hill, Thayer Street, Wayland Square, and Downtown neighborhoods are all nearby.
We have a long tradition of strong industry partnership. Leading organizations actively recruit our graduates, and many of them are members of our Industry Partners Program.
Our interdisciplinary options enrich the educational experience, exposing students to novel and fascinating problems.
We pride ourselves on being a friendly and welcoming place to a diverse population of students. Brown CS fields teams in several intramural sports and often organizes picnics, games, bike rides, and other activities.
Our international ambassadors are students from other countries who would love to talk to you about their experience at Brown CS. Click the map below, then move your cursor over the map to find an international ambassador from your home country.
Recent Brown CS Graduates Worldwide
Our graduates rank high as industry pioneers and in academia as well. Graduates since 2000 have joined the faculty at the following institutions around the world:
- Amherst College
- Brandeis University
- Brigham Young University
- Buena Vista University
- Carleton College
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Davidson College
- DePaul University
- ETH Zurich
- Florida Atlantic University
- Florida International University
- George Mason University
- Iowa State University
- Johns Hopkins University
- Koc University (Turkey)
- Le Moyne College
- Longwood University
- Louisiana State University
- Mississippi State University
- Nanyang Technological University (Singapore)
- Northwestern University
- Oakland University
- Ohio State University
- Oregon State University
- Pomona College
- Purdue University
- Sapienza University of Rome
- State University of New York at Albany
- University of Central Florida
- University of Houston
- University of Illinois at Chicago
- University of Maryland, College Park
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- University of Massachusetts, Lowell
- University of Minnesota
- University of Oxford
- University of San Francisco
- University of South Mississippi
- University of Texas, Austin
- Virginia Tech
- Williams College
- We know that many of you may not have had the opportunity to fully develop your English language skills. If you're interested in improving them, click here for English-language courses that Brown has designed with you in mind.