TAing is a great way to dig a little bit deeper into the material for a course, get practice working in a group of peers, interact more closely with a professor, learn something about how courses are run, make some money, and maybe even have fun doing it! If you've taken a CS class, we want you to apply!
Brown University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, and protected persons. (Click here for more information.)
The TA hiring process is coordinated by the Meta TAs.
All undergraduate and Masters students are eligible to apply. (PhD students are not eligible for HTA / UTA / STA positions, but PhD students in the Computer Science department may be hired as Graduate TAs. Graduate TAs are hired separately from this process—speak to your advisor if you're a Computer Science PhD student who wishes to become a Graduate TA.)
- Fall HTA applications are now closed.
- Fall UTA and STA applications are now closed. Email the MTAs if you would like to submit a late application along with permission from respective course staff
Fall 2022 Hiring Timeline
|Mon, Feb 7||Fall 2022 HTA applications open|
|Fri, Feb 11||Fall 2022 HTA applications close @ 5pm ET|
|Feb 12 - Feb 25||Fall 2022 HTA applicants are interviewed|
|Mon, March 7||Latest date that all Fall 2022 HTA applicants hear back|
|Wed, March 9||Fall 2022 UTA / STA applications open|
|Wed, March 16th||Fall 2022 UTA / STA applications close @ 5pm ET|
|March 17 - April 27||Fall 2022 UTA / STA applicants are interviewed|
|Wed, May 11||Latest date that all Fall 2022 UTA / STA applicants hear back|
First, check out these FAQs. If you don't find an answer, contact
- the MTAs for questions about the hiring process, the TA program as a whole, or MTAing
- the professor of the course for questions about HTAing a specific course
- the professor or HTAs of the course for questions about UTAing a specific course
- the Socially Responsible Computing HTAs (HSTAs) for questions about the STA program