Research at Brown crosses traditional boundaries. Projects spring from shared interests more than from established groups. Faculty work with post-doctoral students, graduate students and undergraduates. Ideas and expertise are drawn from other disciplines and departments at the University. A long tradition of combining theory and practice is as strong and relevant today as it ever was.
Research Group Home Pages
- Brown Laboratory for Linguistic Information Processing (BLLIP)
- Data Management
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Human to Robots Laboratory
- Programming Languages
- Visualization Research Lab
Affiliated Programs and Centers
- Brain Science Program
- Center for Vision Research
- Center for Computational Molecular Biology
- NIST PREP Program
Recent PhD Research
We've just started a page to highlight the wide-ranging and innovative research of our PhD students. Click here to read overviews of their recent work.