As the tide of the pandemic begins to turn, it's no understatement to say that the last year has proved more difficult than many of us ever predicted. But our community continued to work together, making it a priority to help each other, and we made it through to this moment despite personal trials for all of us. Brown CS is sending this cohort out into a more challenging world than in years past, but one in which we have renewed faith in the ability of the individual to make a profound societal impact.
It gives us a lot of happiness to share the following celebrations of our 2021 graduates. We're immensely proud of their contributions to the Brown CS community.
- A video of our graduation ceremony with many student bios and videos.
- A video from our faculty (special thanks to Tom Doeppner, Sorin Istrail, Michael Littman, and James Tompkin, as well as Ben Nacar of TStaff).
- A congratulatory poster from our Meta Undergraduate Research Assistants (MURAs), Lauren Choi, Mary Dong, Nishanth Kumar, and Anna Wei.
- From the Graduate School, a slideshow of our graduating Master's and PhD students.
- Submissions to the Brown CS Digital Archive (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) documenting life during COVID-19 (see here for how to submit files of your own).
- A slideshow of undergraduate seniors created by Laura Wilson and Sarah Bawabe.
They produced the Brown CS 2021 Yearbook, and we're really grateful for their hard
work and that of all the volunteers before them.
Best wishes always from Amy, Andy, Anna, Barbara, Chen, Daniel, David, Doug, Eli, Ellie, Eugene, George, Iris, James, Jeff, John, Kathi, Malte, Maurice, Michael, Milda, Philip, Ritambhara, Rob, Roberto, Rodrigo, Seny, Shriram, Sorin, Spike, Srinath, Stan, Stefanie, Stephen, Steven, Theo, Tim, Tom, Ugur, and Vasilis.