The arrival of a pandemic made Spring, 2020 a difficult semester for all of us. While we were separated from each other and away from our home in the CIT, in many ways we were more with and for each other than ever before. It's been remarkable to see how everyone – students, staff, and faculty – continued to work together, making it a priority to help each other during trying times, despite challenges in our personal lives.
It gives us a lot of happiness to share the following celebrations of our 2020 graduates. We've never been prouder to be part of the Brown CS community.
- A video from our faculty (special thanks to Tom Doeppner, Sorin Istrail, Michael Littman, Ben Nacar, and James Tompkin)
- A congratulatory poster from our Meta Undergraduate Research Assistants (MURAs), Mary Dong, Nishanth Kumar, Marshall Lerner, Nikita Ramoji, and Anna Wei
- From the Graduate School, a slideshow of our graduating Master's and PhD students
- Submissions to the Brown CS Digital Archive (1, 2, 3) documenting life during COVID-19 (see here for how to submit files of your own)
- A slideshow of undergraduate seniors created by Laura Wilson, Sarah Bawabe, Heidi Erwin, and Sophia Meng. They produced the Brown CS 2020 Yearbook, and we're really grateful for their hard work and that of all the volunteers before them.
Best wishes always from Amy, Andy, Anna, Barbara, Daniel, David, Doug, Eli, Ellie, Eugene, George, Iris, James, Jeff, John, Kathi, Malte, Maurice, Michael, Paul, Philip, Ritambhara, Roberto, Rodrigo, Seny, Shriram, Sorin, Spike, Stan, Stefanie, Stephen, Steven, Theo, Tim, Tom, Ugur, and Vasilis.