Our Fifth Year And Alternative Master's Options

Staying A Fifth Year

A student earning an ScB in one field (for example, computer science) and an AB in another (for example, economics) is permitted to stay an extra year if needed to finish up concentration requirements. The student must pass a minimum of 38 courses and declare their intent to stay for a fifth year by their fifth semester. Another option (please see below) is to earn a Master's degree.

Earning A Fifth-Year Master's Degree

Brown has three programs under which an undergraduate can stay for a fifth year to earn a Master's degree: