Brown CS News

Last update on .

2000-0901.web.pngThe old department home page.

The Computer Science Department web site received a long-awaited facelift today. The redesign features a cleaner look, improved structure and navigation, and greater consistency. The Department's web site comprises 26,852 pages and occupies 7.7GB of disk space. Of this, 600 pages (just 2 percent), received the new treatment. The other 98 percent of the web includes research group and project pages, the personal home pages of department faculty, staff and students, and course home pages.

Among the pages that sport the new web look, a third of those were updated, rewritten or written from scratch. The department home page (http://www.cs.brown.edu/) has been completely redesigned, and includes a summary of recent news and upcoming events.

The new web site debuted just in time for the start of the fall semester.