Mapping a printer on the Authenticated Printing Server
IMPORTANT: Windows users can only use the printers with names ending in "_windows". i.e. c4_windows
Follows these step to map a printer located on the authenticated print server.
1. Log on to the Windows system with local admin credential.
2. Click on the "Start" menu and choose "Devices and Printers".
3. Click on the "Add a printer" button at the top menu item.
4. Click on the "Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer" menu item.
5. Click on "The printer that I want isn't listed" menu item.
6. Choose "Select a shared printer by name" and enter the printer mapping using IPP. Here is an example for bw5_windows: https://printhost.cs.brown.edu:631/printers/bw5_windows
- For Windows, only the printers with names ending in "_windows" can be used
- for a list of printers browse to https://printhost.cs.brown.edu:631/printers
7. Click on the "Next" button.
8. Enter LDAP credential when prompted. Click on the "Ok" button to continue.
9. Choose the correct printer driver for the printer.
10. Click on the "Next" button to accept printer name.
11. Uncheck the "Set as the default printer" box.
12. Click on the "Finish" button.