Center for Geometric Computing
The objective of the center is a long-range coordinated effort,
carried out at Brown, Duke, and Johns Hopkins, aimed at
facilitating an effective technology transfer from Computational
Geometry to relevant applied fields. The center has received major
support from the Army Research
Office from 1995 to 2001.
Accomplishments of the center include:
- A methodology for robustness, based on the exact
evaluation of geometric predicates, efficient
adaptive-precision filters, and certificates for geometric
- Practical algorithms with low arithmetic demands.
- A methodology for I/O-scalable geometric algorithms.
- Prototypical high-quality software, as a seed for a
- Geometric computing resources on the World Wide Web.