Looking for the current SPOCs, SPOC schedules, or contact information? Visit the SPOC page.
The SPOCs (Systems Programmer / Operator / Consultants) assist in the installation, maintenance, development, and documentation of local software. They work as part of the technical staff, and represent tstaff off-hours.
- Providing advice and support to users
- Providing off-hours support for departmental systems
- After-hours emergency response
- Designing and implementing application programs and scripts
- Installing, documenting, and supporting new and existing software
During the semester, SPOCs typically work 10 hours a week, and, in addition to the tasks above, assist the technical staff in the completion of longer-term projects.