Computer Science 007
Secrets and Promises
Assigned Readings #1
Out : November 12, 1996
Due : November 19 1996
- Trends: Digital Signatures, by Simson L. Garfinkel,
Technology Review, November/December 1996 Available on-line;
not included in hard copy.
- ``E-mail could arrive with US postmark,'' by Jon Auerbach,
Boston Globe, 1996
- ``Discovery of Internet Flaws is Setback for On-Line Trade,''
by J. Markoff, New York Times, Wed 10/11/95
- ``Basic Flaws in Internet Security and Commerce,'' by E. Brewer, P.
Gauthier, I. Goldberg, D. Wagner, Cypherpunks Mailing List Posting, Monday 11/9/95
- ``New Directions in Cryptography,'' Whitfield Diffie and Martin E.
Hellman, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, Vol. IT-22,
No. 6, November 1976.
- ``The First Ten Years of Public Key Cryptology,'' by Whitfield
Diffie, Chapter 3 of Contemporary Cryptology, edited by Gustavus
J. Simmons, IEEE Press, 1992.