About Me ...
I am a Senior Research Scientist at Disney Research Pittsburgh and an Adjunct Faculty member at Carnegie Mellon University. My research focuses on articulated motion capture, motion modeling, action recognition, motion perception, manifold learning, transfer learning, character and cloth animation and a number of other directions on the fringe of computer vision, machine learning, and computer graphics. Before coming to Disney Research and CMU, I spent 2 years working as a Postdoctoral Fellow in the Department of Computer Science at University of Toronto (UofT).
- 1 oral and 3 poster papers accepted to CVPR 2015.
- I will serve as an area chair for ICCV 2015.
- Our WACV paper won best paper award.
- Out other WACV paper was featured in a press artile.
- Our ACM SIGGRAPH paper was featured in a press article.
- Our last years ACM SIGGRAPH paper has been featured by Inside Science Television.
- Co-edited book Visual Analysis of Humans: Looking at People (T. Moeslund, A. Hilton, V. Krüger, L. Sigal, Eds.), ISBN 978-0-85729-996-3, Springer, 2011.
Family Member Identification from Photo Collections,
Q. Dai, P. Carr, L. Sigal, D. Hoiem,
IEEE Winter Conference on Applications of Computer Vision (WACV), 2015.
A Unified Semantic Embedding: Relating Taxonomies and Attributes,
S.-J. Hwang, L. Sigal,
Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS), 2014.
Parameterizing Object Detectors in the Continuous Pose Space,
K. He, L. Sigal, S. Sclaroff,
European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV), 2014.
Nonparametric Clustering with Distance Dependent Hierarchies,
S. Ghosh, M. Raptis, L. Sigal, E. Sudderth,
Conference on Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence (UAI), 2014.
Joint Summarization of Large-scale Collections of Web Images and Videos for Storyline Reconstruction,
G. Kim, L. Sigal, E. P. Xing,
IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2014.
Action is in the Eye of the Beholder: Eye-gaze Driven Model for Spatio-Temporal Action Localization,
N. Shapovalova, M. Raptis, L. Sigal, G. Mori,
Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS), 2013.
From Subcategories to Visual Composites: A Multi-Level Framework for Object Detection,
T. Lan, M. Raptis, L. Sigal, G. Mori,
IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV), 2013.
Poselet Key-framing: A Model for Human Activity Recognition,
M. Raptis, L. Sigal,
IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2013.
Video-based 3D Motion Capture through Biped Control,
M. Vondrak, L. Sigal, J. K. Hodgins and Odest Jenkins,
ACM Transactions on Graphics (Proc. SIGGRAPH), 2012.
- Facial Expression Transfer with Input-Output Temporal Restricted Boltzmann Machines, M. Zeiler, G. Taylor, L. Sigal, I. Matthews and R. Fergus. NIPS, 2011.
- Motion Capture from Body-Mounted Cameras, T. Shiratori, H. S. Park, L. Sigal, Y. Sheikh and J. K. Hodgins. ACM SIGGRAPH, 2011.
- Human Attributes from 3D Pose Tracking, L. Sigal, D. Fleet, N. Troje, M. Livne. ECCV, 2010.
- Stable Spaces for Real-time Clothing, E. de Aguiar, L. Sigal, A. Treuille and J. K. Hodgins. ACM SIGGRAPH, 2010.
- Dynamical Binary Latent Variable Models for 3D Human Pose Tracking, G. Taylor, L. Sigal, D. Fleet and G. Hinton. CVPR, 2010.
- Estimating Contact Dynamics, M. Brubaker, L. Sigal and D. Fleet. ICCV, 2009.
- Shared Kernel Information Embedding for Discriminative Inference, L. Sigal, R. Memisevic, D. Fleet. CVPR, 2009.
- Physical Simulation for Probabilistic Motion Tracking, M. Vondrak, L. Sigal and O. C. Jenkins. CVPR, 2008.
- Combined discriminative and generative articulated pose and non-rigid shape estimation. L. Sigal, A. Balan and M.J. Black. NIPS, 2007.
- Predicting 3D People from 2D Pictures. L. Sigal and M. J. Black. AMDO, 2006. (best paper award)
- Measure Locally, Reason Globally: Occlusion-sensitive Articulated Pose Estimation. L. Sigal and M. J. Black. CVPR, 2006.
- Tracking Loose-limbed People. L. Sigal, S. Bhatia, S. Roth, M. J. Black and M. Isard. CVPR, 2004.