25th International Conference on Very Large Databases
7th - 10th September 1999
Booking Form Details
(before 1stJune 1999)
(2nd June - 31st July)
(after 1st August)
- Regular registration includes: attendance at all sessions, copy of the
proceedings, teas/coffees and entrance to Reception and Banquet.
- Student registration includes: attendance at all sessions, copy of the
proceedings, teas/coffees and entrance to the Reception. (Students must
produce a letter from a recognised educational institution confirming that they
are a full-time student on arrival)
- Neither registration includes lunch, tutorials notes
or entrance to the Scottish Evening.
- Please submit one registration form for each delegate.
- Fees will be refunded if a written request is received at least 30 days
prior to the event. Such cancellations will attract a £30 administration
charge. No refund will be made for cancellations received less than 30 days
prior to the event. Substitutions may be made at any time.
- Cancellations will be processed after the conference.
There will be a number of social events at VLDB'99, including the
Reception on the Tuesday evening, a
Scottish Evening on the Wednesday
evening and the Conference Banquet on the
Thursday night. The regular registration includes entrance to the Reception and
Banquet, student registration includes entrance to the Reception only.
Additional banquet tickets are available at £55 each. Entrance to the
Scottish evening is £29 each.
Choice of Hotel
A range of accommodation booking options are available to suit all requirements
Hotel Booking Conditions
- Rooms will be allocated on a 'first come, first served' basis. In the
event of three choices being unavailable, we will allocate an alternative room
based on the budget of the preferred hotel/proximity to the conference venue.
- Reservations will only be accepted using the official accommodation
booking form. Any cancellations or amendments must be made through Clansman
Monarch by fax or Email and NOT with the hotel. Amendments may incur a
discretionary charge of £10.00.
- The booking form must be accompanied by payment for the first night's
stay. A receipt will be forwarded upon payment of the outstanding balance.
- In the event of non-arrival, the client or agent whose signature is
appended to the booking form, accepts all legitimate charges raised at the
discretion of the hotel.
- Hotel Cancellation Charges:
- 42 days to 31 days prior to arrival - 25% of your total hotel booking
- 30 days to 15 days prior to arrival - 50% of your total hotel booking
- 14 days or less prior to arrival - 100% of your total hotel booking charges.
- Non arrival - 100% of your total hotel booking charge.
- Any additional charges incurred at the hotel will be settled direct with
the property before departure.
Payment for the first night's accommodation (if required) must accompany the
One of the following methods of payment is acceptable:
- CREDIT CARD - We are pleased to accept Mastercard/Access,Visa or
- CHEQUE - Payment can be made using Eurocheque or a cheque drawn on
any U.K. bank in £ Sterling. Cheques should be made payable to VLDB 99
- BANK TRANSFER - Payment to:
- Bank of Scotland, 50, St John Street, Perth, Scotland.
Sort Code Number 80-91-28, Account number 00260565.
Please include your name and reference "VLDB 99".
(There is a supplement of £20.00 payable for this method
of payment to cover bank charges).
Online Payment by Credit Card is via a Secure
VLDB Journal Special
Delegates at VLDB'99 can take advantage of a reduced subscription for the
VLDB Journal by subscribing at the Springer booth during VLDB'99. Subscribe for
the VLDB Journal starting 1999 or 2000 at an annual subscription fee (for 1999)
for individuals of DM 79,-- /US $48.-- including postage and handling or for
institutions DM 298,-- plus postage and handling (DM 11,80 in Germany, DM 16,80
others)/ US $182.- plus postage and handling ($ 26.-).
Please note that the $ prices are applicable for customers in USA, Canada
and Mexico; the DM prices for customers in other countries.