The department maintains several printers located in the CIT.
- Department etiquette dictates that large printouts be queued early in the morning or late at night, unless it's an urgent need
- Use the copiers for multiple copies, not the printers. The copiers have a lower per-page cost.
- See the wiki instructions for printing (accessible inside the department only.)
|bw1||HP LaserJet P3015||143 - Sunlab||Double-sided B&W: Paper|
|bw2||HP Laserjet 8150DN||271 - TA room||Double-sided B&W: Paper, Letterhead|
|ccmb-bw2||HP Laserjet 1022N||244 - fishbowl||Single-sided B&W: Paper|
|bw3||HP LaserJet P4015 DN||350||Double-sided B&W: Paper|
|bw4||HP Laserjet P4015 DN||480||Double-sided B&W: Paper|
|bw4hq||HP LaserJet 4050TN||475||Double-sided B&W: Paper|
|bw5||HP LaserJet P4015 DN||548||Double-sided B&W: Paper, Letterhead|
|c3||HP Color LaserJet CP4025||350||Double-sided Color: Paper|
|c4||HP Color LaserJet CP4025||480||Double-sided Color: Paper|
|c4hq||HP Color LaserJet 4700DN||475||Double-sided Color: Paper|
|c5||HP Color LaserJet CP4025||548||Double-sided Color: Paper|
- The B&W Laserjets are 24 page-per-minute high quality printers They are also ``duplex'' printers, providing two-sided printing. Duplex printing is the default, so to request single-sided printing use the instructions on the wiki page above.
- The names in the first column are valid names for use with the -P option to the printer commands lpr(1), lpq(1), and lprm(1).
- In Windows, the printers use the same naming scheme. By default, all of the Department's printers appear in the "Printers" control panel.
If you encounter a physical problem with a printer (jammed, out of toner or ink, etc) and have not been ``trained'' in how to fix the problem, please do not try to guess your way through. Use the problem facility to report the trouble, or ask a Tstaff member or one of those friendly veteran grad students. They'll show you how to fix it for the next time. Be especially hesitant to mess with the color printers.
Please read the Printer Use Policy to ensure you are making appropriate use of the department printers.