Microsoft Research Asia "User Interfaces: Evolution and Revolution" Talks - April 2011
Printable "User Interfaces: Evolution and Revolution" pptx files:
Microsoft Research Asia - General Audience
Microsoft Research Asia - Research Audience
Videos from "User Interfaces: Evolution and Revolution" General Audience talk
Videos from "User Interfaces: Evolution and Revolution" Research Audience talk
References from "User Interfaces: Evolution and Revolution" talks
- Natural User Interfaces book
Daniel Wigdor and Dennis Wixon. "Brave NUI World: Designing Natural User Interfaces for Touch and Gesture", Morgan Kaufmann, 2011.
- [Bragdon et al. 2009] Andrew Bragdon, Robert Zeleznik, Brian Williamson, Timothy Miller, and Joseph J. LaViola, Jr.."GestureBar: improving the approachability of gesture-based interfaces" in Proceedings of ACM CHI '09, 2009.
- [Bunt et al. 2009] Andrea Bunt, Michael Terry, and Edward Lank. “Friend or foe?: examining CAS use in mathematics research” in ACM CHI '09, 2009.
- [Cheema & LaViola 2010] Salman Cheema and Joseph J. LaViola, Jr.. "Towards intelligent motion inferencing in mathematical sketching" in Proceedings of ACM IUI '10, 2010.
- [Fogarty et al. 2008] James Fogarty, Desney Tan, Ashish Kapoor, and Simon Winder. "CueFlik: interactive concept learning in image search" in ACM CHI '08, 2008.
- [Froehlich et al. 2009] Jon E. Froehlich, Eric Larson, Tim Campbell, Conor Haggerty, James Fogarty, and Shwetak N. Patel. "HydroSense: infrastructure-mediated single-point sensing of whole-home water activity" in Proceedings of ACM Ubicomp '09, 2009.
- [Hinckley et al. 2010] Ken Hinckley, Koji Yatani, Michel Pahud, Nicole Coddington, Jenny Rodenhouse, Andy Wilson, Hrvoje Benko, and Bill Buxton. "Pen + touch = new tools", in Proceedings of ACM UIST '10, 2010.
- [Hornecker & Buur 2006] Eva Hornecker and Jacob Buur. "Getting a grip on tangible interaction: a framework on physical space and social interaction" in Proceedings of ACM CHI '06, 2006.
- [Hornecker 2010] Eva Hornecker. "Creative idea exploration within the structure of a guiding framework: the card brainstorming game" in Proceedings of ACM TEI '10, 2010.
- [Li & Landay 2008] Yang Li and James A. Landay. "Activity-based prototyping of ubicomp applications for long-lived, everyday human activities" in Proceedings of ACM CHI '08, 2008.
- [Streitz 2009] Norbert Streitz. "Ambient Intelligence Landscapes for Realizing the Cities of the Future” in Proceedings of AmI-09 - 3rd European Conference on Ambient Intelligence, 2009.
- [Zeleznik et al. 1997] Robert C. Zeleznik, Andrew S. Forsberg, and Paul S. Strauss. "Two pointer input for 3D interaction" in ACM I3D '97, 1997.
Conferences and Workshops
TEI (Tangible, Embedded, and Embodied Interaction)
ICMI (International Conference on Multimodal Interaction)
UBICOMP (Ubiquitous Computing)