AI Lunch in the Summer of 1995
This summer AI lunch will consist mainly of graduate students
presenting interesting AI papers. A list of suggested papers are in
/u/lpk/etc/papers-for-ailunch for those of you who have access to the
CS department's files.
- June 2: Leslie Pack Kaelbling
Final installment of ANOVA.
- June 7: Michael L. Littman
Practice talk for his June 21st thesis proposal.
- June 16: No meeting
- June 21: Michael L. Littman
Thesis proposal. Note this is at 1:00 p.m. in the Lubrano Conference Room.
- June 23: "On the Road" with Tom Dean
- June 30: Anthony R. Cassandra
Learning policies for partially observable environments: Scaling up -
A practice talk for the upcoming Machine Learning Conference.
- July 7: No meeting
- July 14: Andrew Duchon
Practice talk for Cognitive Science Society Conference
- July 21: Yves Schabes from Mitsubishi Electric Research
- Deterministic Part-Of-Speech Tagging with Finite
State Transducers - Abstract
- July 28: Sharon Caraballo
Some paper from this summer's ACL.
- August 4: No meeting
- August 11: Shieu-Hong Lin
Presenting: Russell & Subramanian, Bounded Optimality, JAIR 1995.
- August 18: No Meeting: UAI in Montreal
- August 25: No Meeting: IJCAI in Montreal