AI Lunch in the Spring of 1996
- February 8: Michael Littman
Practice for thesis defense. Algorithms for Sequential Decision
- February 15: Hagit Shatkay
Practice talk for ICDE96. Approximate Queries and Representations for
Large Data Sequences
- *February 16: Ted Camus, Real-time
Single-workstation Obstacle Avoidance Using Only Wide-field Flow
- February 22: Eric
Brill - Part of speech tagging talk.
- February 29: Michela Milano A
meta constraint logic programming architecture for temporal reasoning
- March 7: "Who needs planning?" Discussion led by
- March 14: General discussion
- March 21: Nir Friedman
Learning Bayesian Networks with Local Structure Abstract
- March 28: Spring Break - no meeting
- April 4: Eugene's Deep Blue musings.
- April 11: Brainstorming about neat but reasonable things to
get robots to do.
- April 18: Research comps presentation bazzare: Sonia Leach, Bill
Smart and Sharon Caraballo
- April 25: No meeting due to a scheduled faculty job
- May 2: Generalized MDPs: Michael
- May 9: Replaced by CS and Cognitive Science talk.