Dingers Softball, Summer 2006
The Dingers finished the season 8-7.
Please note that the RUSS statistic below was never finished. Maybe next year.
* A "nip" is a special type of "E" (an opposing team fielding error). Nips are given by the scorer mostly for hard-hit balls, especially ones that caused a lot of trouble for the opposing team.
- AVG: Batting average
- 1B: Total number of singles
- 2B: Total number of doubles
- 3B: Total number of triples
- HR: Total number of home runs
- BB: Total number of walks
- AB: Total number of at-bats
- NIP: Batting average where hits, sacrifices, nips*, and walks count as hits
- RUSS: Batting average weighted according to margin of victory; games with a high point margin count less than close games, and wins count more than losses
- E: Total number of on bases due to opposing team fielding error
- RBI: Total number of runs batted in
- R: Total number of runs scored.
Old Dingers pages:
Scripts written in PLT Scheme/SCML
Page last updated on August 10, 2006 at 11:13PM