I am a 5th year PhD student in the Database Group at Brown University working under Tim Kraska, Ugur Cetintemel and Stan Zdonik. I am broadly interested in platforms for large-scale data management, particularly systems for performing complex analytics with big data, such as machine learning.
Before coming to Brown, I received a Bachelor of Science from Lehigh University in computer engineering (May 2012), primarily focusing on database systems under the guidance of Henry Korth.
- Approximate Query Processing
- Interactive Data Exploration
- Visual Analytics
- Machine Learning
- Alex Galakatos, Andrew Crotty, Emanuel Zgraggen, Carsten Binnig, Tim Kraska: Revisiting Reuse for Approximate Query Processing. VLDB (2017)
- Philipp Eichmann, Andrew Crotty, Alex Galakatos, Emanuel Zgraggen: Discrete Time Specifications in Temporal Queries. CHI LBW (2017)
- Alex Galakatos, Andrew Crotty, Tim Kraska: Distributed Machine Learning. Encyclopedia of Database Systems (2017)
- Emanuel Zgraggen, Alex Galakatos, Andrew Crotty, Jean-Daniel Fekete, Tim Kraska: How Progressive Visualizations Affect Exploratory Analysis. TVCG (2016)
- Andrew Crotty, Alex Galakatos, Emanuel Zgraggen, Carsten Binnig, Tim Kraska: The Case for Interactive Data Exploration Accelerators (IDEAs). HILDA (2016)
- Carsten Binnig, Andrew Crotty, Alex Galakatos, Tim Kraska, Erfan Zamanian: The End of Slow Networks: It's Time for a Redesign. VLDB (2016)
- Andrew Crotty, Alex Galakatos, Kayhan Dursun, Tim Kraska, Carsten Binnig, Ugur Cetintemel, Stan Zdonik: An Architecture for Compiling UDF-centric Workflows. VLDB (2015)
- Andrew Crotty, Alex Galakatos, Emanuel Zgraggen, Carsten Binnig, Tim Kraska: Vizdom: Interactive Analytics through Pen and Touch. VLDB (2015) - Best Demo Award
- Andrew Crotty, Alex Galakatos, Kayhan Dursun, Tim Kraska, Ugur Cetintemel, Stanley B. Zdonik: Tupleware: "Big" Data, Big Analytics, Small Clusters. CIDR (2015)
- Andrew Crotty, Alex Galakatos, Tim Kraska: Tupleware: Distributed Machine Learning on Small Clusters. IEEE Data Eng. Bull. (2014)