Requirements for the Standard Track
Interested students may contact concentration advisors in either the Department of Computer Science or in the Department of Economics.
Prerequisites (3 courses)
- MATH 0100
- MATH 0520 or 0540 or CSCI 0530
- ECON 0110
Required Courses (17 courses: 8 CS + 8 Econ + capstone)
- CSCI 1450, or APMA 1650, or APMA 1655
- (CSCI 0150 and CSCI 0160) or
(CSCI 0170 and CSCI 0180) or
(CSCI 0190 and an additional CS course not otherwise used to satisfy a concentration requirement; this course may be CSCI 0180, an intermediate-level course, or a 1000-level course)
- Two of the following intermediate courses, one of which must be math-oriented and one systems-oriented
- CSCI 0220 (math)
- CSCI 0330 (sys)
- CSCI 0320 (sys)
- CSCI 0510 (math)
- A pair of CS courses with a coherent theme. A list of pre-approved pairs may be found at the approved-pairs web page. You are not restricted to pairs on this list, but any pair not on the list must be approved by the CS director of undergraduate studies.
- An additional CS course that is either at the 1000-level or is an intermediate course not already used to satisfy concentration requirements.
- ECON 1130 (or, with permission, 1110).
- ECON 1210
- ECON 1630
- Three courses from the "mathematical-economics group" (CSCI 1951K can be counted as one of them, if it has not been used to satisfy the computer science requirements of the concentration and if the student has taken either ECON 1470 or ECON 1870).
- Two additional 1000-level Economics courses (excluding 1620, 1960, and 1970.
- One capstone course in either CS or Economics: a one-semester course, normally taken in the student's last undergraduate year, in which the student (or group of students) use a significant portion of their undergraduate education, broadly interpreted, in studying some current topic (preferably at the intersection of computer science and economics) in depth, to produce a culminating artifact such as a paper or software project.
The professional track includes all the requirements of the standard track as well as those listed here.