Requirements for the Standard Track
Interested students may contact concentration advisors in either the Department of Computer Science or in the Department of Economics.
Prerequisites (3 courses)
- MATH 0100.
- MATH 0520 or 0540 or CSCI 0530.
- ECON 0110.
Required Courses (13 courses: 7 CS + 6 Econ)
- CSCI 1450, or APMA 1650, or APMA 1655
- (CSCI 0150 and CSCI 0160) or
(CSCI 0170 and CSCI 0180) or
(CSCI 0190 and an additional CS course not otherwise used to satisfy a concentration requirement; this course may be CSCI 0180, an intermediate-level course, or a 1000-level course)
- Two of the following intermediate courses, one of which must be math-oriented and one systems-oriented
- CSCI 0220 (math)
- CSCI 0330 (sys)
- CSCI 0320 (sys)
- CSCI 0510 (math)
- Two additional CS courses; at least one must be at the 1000-level. The other must either be at the 1000-level or be an intermediate course not already used to satisfy concentration requirements.
- ECON 1130 (or, with permission, 1110)
- ECON 1210
- ECON 1630
- Three courses from the "mathematical-economics group" (CSCI 1951K can be counted as one of them, if it has not been used to satisfy the computer science requirements of the concentration and if the student has taken either ECON 1470 or ECON 1870).
The professional track includes all the requirements of the standard track as well as those listed here.