Like many homeworks, this homework is open-ended and asks that you create a couple of different map visualizations. You are welcome to use the datasets provided or find your own.
You will be required to build a choropleth map and a either a scatter map or a bubble map
- McDonalds by State: The number of McDonalds in each state and the state's population
- Earthquakes around the world
For your choropleth map, it should contain at a minimum:
- At least a 3-tone color scale
- Hover text labels including the full region name and the relevant stats about that region
- A map title and a legend title
Remember: Creating a choropleth map requires providing the locations data, which is a code associated with each region. For states, this is just their two-letter state code. For countries this is their ISO 3166 3 Letter code. Be sure to set the locationmode parameter correctly. By default it will assume it's the country code, but for states, set it to
locationmode = 'USA-states'
Scatter or Bubble Map
For your scatter/bubble map, it should contain at a minimum:
- Markers colored to represent a dimension of information, or bubbles sized to represent a dimension of information
- Hover text labels including the relevant stats about that data point
- A map title, a legend and a legend title
At the top of your assignment, please comment how many hours you worked on this assignment, people you worked with, and whether you went to TA hours for help or clarification on this assignment.
Make sure your submission has your name in the filename: FirstLast_HW3-3.py. “FirstLast” should be replaced with your first and last name or we will take off points. Make sure every task has been completed.