Web Activity Answers
- Which room did CS22 meet in during the Spring 1998 semester?
- Answer: Watson CIT 165
- From: Room schedule from the Registrar's Office. Go to the Brown Home Page and click on Learning at Brown, then Courses and Room Schedule, then Room Schedule. Remember this when you arrive on campus in the fall so you don't have to climb over people at Faunce Arch to see the paper version!
- When and where was the CS22 exam held that semester?
- Answer: The exam was held in Salomon 101 on
Thursday, May 7 at 9 AM
- From: Exam schedule. Brown Home Page - Learning at Brown - Courses and Room Schedule - Exam Schedule.
- What are the requirements for EN159: Intro to Semiconductors
and Semiconductor Electronics?
- Answer: Lectures: Tues/Thurs 10:30-11:50
a.m. Homework problem sets: every 1-2 weeks, two in-class
mid-term exams, three-hour final exam
- From: EN159 is one of a number of courses at
Brown that has a home page. These home pages usually have
the syllabus, course requirements, the professor's email
address, etc. You can view a complete list of all the courses with web pages by going to the Brown home page, then Learning at Brown, then Courses, then Course Web Pages. Note: The computer science department doesn't use this system, so go directly to the computer science course page to see home pages for CS classes.
- Which RISD glass course(s) are approved for Brown
- In the Brown Daily Herald, Brett Heath-Wlaz speculated that
the CIT's false bomb threat on March 6th, 1998, was phoned in by
- Answer: a disgruntled CS16 student
- From: The Brown Daily Herald (Brown's main student newspaper) has an archive of previous issues at http://www.theherald.org. The article on the CIT bomb threat appeared in the March 9th issue.
- What cartoon character(s) currently appear on the CS15 home
- What organization did Andy van Dam co-found in 1967?
- If you're purchasing a new PC for use at Brown, what
processor does CIS (Computing & Information Services)
recommend getting? What if you're purchasing a new
- What was dessert at the Ratty (Sharpe Refectory) and the
V-Dub (Verney Woolley) for dinner on February 23, 1998?
- Answer: pumpkin pie
- From: The University Food Services Web page at http://www.brown.edu/Student_Services/Food_Services has menus available online. Alternatively, you can call xMENU, or use the WhatsForDinner command from the Sun Lab. Very helpful for avoiding Tex-Mex Lasagna night.
- When does Jerry Springer come on in Providence? On which
- Answer: You can get your daily dose of Jerry at 9
AM and 11 AM on WPIX channel 16 or at 6 PM and 10 PM on
WLWC channel 9
- From: TV Guide has complete listings for any area
code at http://www.tvgen.com
- Which commercial airlines fly out of Providence's T.F. Green
- Answer: American, American Eagle, Business
Express, Continental, Continental Express, Delta, Delta
Express, Northwest, United, US Airways, US Airways
Express, Southwest, Cape Air, Air Ontario, MetroJet
- From: T.F. Green's web site at http://www.pvd-ri.com. You can also get flight arrival and departure information from this site.
- What is the full name of the mayor of Providence? On what
date did he give his 1998 State of the City address? And
according to that address, what is the median price of
single-family homes in Providence?
- Answer: Vincent A. Cianci, Jr., gave the State of
the City address on March 11, 1998 and said that the
median price of single-family homes in Providence was
- From: The Mayor's Home Page at http://www.providenceri.com links to the State of the City address
- You and your friends want to take a day trip to Newport one
Saturday. At what times can you catch a Newport-bound RIPTA
bus from Kennedy Plaza in Providence?
- Answer: 7:50, 8:50, 9:50, 10:45, 11:45, 12:45,
1:45, 2:45, 3:45, 5:05, 7:05, 9:30, 11:05
- From: RIPTA bus schedules are also available from the Mayor's Home Page. You can take RIPTA to lots of destinations within the city and the state.
- In what year did WJAR TV (now Providence's NBC affiliate)
first go on the air, becoming Rhode Island's first television
- You and some friends want to catch a matinee of The Truman
Show. Which area theaters have showings of that movie before
5:00 PM? (Hint: You're currently in zip code 02912.)
- Answer: as of 6/11/98, you can catch a matinee of
The Truman Show at National Amusements Showcase
Cinemas in Seekonk at 4:10 and 4:40, National Amusements
Showcase Cinemas in Warwick at 2:50, 4:15, and 4:45,
National Amusements Showcase Cinemas in North Attleborough
at the same times, and Hoyts Bellingham 14 in Bellingham
at 12, 12:30, 1:00, 2:25, 2:55, 3:25, and 4:50.
- From: MovieLink has movie listings for all zip codes
- How do you get from the CIT to the Providence Amtrak
station? (Hint: The street address of the CIT is 115 Waterman
St. The train station is located somewhere on Gaspee St. --
you'll need to find the exact street address yourself.)
- Answer: The train station is at 100 Gaspee
St. Head east on Waterman, turn left on Brook, turn left
on Angell, Angell becomes Thomas St., turn right on North
Main St., turn left on Smith St., turn left on Gaspee.
- From: A mapping service such as Maps On Us or MapQuest can give you
door to door directions from anywhere in the U.S. to
anywhere else, as well as providing a Yellow Pages service.