The department maintains several printers located in the CIT.
- Department etiquette dictates that large printouts be queued early in the morning or late at night, unless it's an urgent need
- Please read the Printer Use Policy to ensure you are making appropriate use of the department printers.
- See the printing page for information how to print from unix, windows, and mac
The CS print server, printhost.cs.brown.edu, has the following printer queue names:
|bw1||HP LaserJet P3015||143 - Sunlab||Double-sided B&W: Paper|
|bw2||HP Laserjet 8150DN||271 - TA room||Double-sided B&W: Paper, Letterhead|
|ccmb-bw2||HP Laserjet 1022N||244 - fishbowl||Single-sided B&W: Paper|
|bw3||HP LaserJet P4015 DN||350||Double-sided B&W: Paper|
|bw4||HP Laserjet P4015 DN||480||Double-sided B&W: Paper|
|bw5||HP LaserJet P4015 DN||548||Double-sided B&W: Paper, Letterhead|
|c3||HP Color LaserJet CP4025||350||Double-sided Color: Paper|
|c4||HP Color LaserJet CP4025||480||Double-sided Color: Paper|
|c4hq||HP Color LaserJet 4700DN||475||Double-sided Color: Paper|
|clf4hq||HP Color DesignJet Z5200||475||Single-sided Color: Coated Paper Roll|
|c5||HP Color LaserJet CP4025||548||Double-sided Color: Paper|
- The B&W Laserjets are 24 page-per-minute high quality printers They are also ``duplex'' printers, providing two-sided printing. Duplex printing is the default, so to request single-sided printing use the instructions on the wiki page above.
- The names in the first column are valid names for use with the -P option to the printer commands lpr(1), lpq(1), and lprm(1).
- In Windows, the printers use the same naming scheme. By default, all of the department's printers appear in the "Printers" control panel.
The clf4hq print queue is a restricted print queue for faculty and graduate students only. The clf4hq printer is a large format printer capable of printing 42" width image. All print jobs are held by default on the clf4hq print queue. You must release the print job through the linux lp command (lp -i job-id -H resume) or clf4hq web interface using your LDAP credential.