1. Get the Software
- Install OpenVPN package from the default repository.
- On debian/ubuntu, run: sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get install -y openvpn
- On fedora/centos, run: sudo yum update; sudo yum install -y openvpn
- Download the Brown CS OpenVPN client certificate and config files (browncs.opvn and browncs-gateall.opvn). You will have to first enter your LDAP credential in the upper right hand corner input boxes named "Logname: and LDAP password:".
2. Connect (this assumes that your brown.cs.ovpn certifates are saved in your Downloads folder)
- On debian/ubuntu/fedora, run: sudo openvpn Downloads/brown.cs.ovpn (you will then be prompted for your LDAP credentials.)
- Enter your LDAP credentials.
- You should now be connected and able to access internal websites (such as web-int.cs.brown.edu).
- You can disconnect by ending your openvpn session (ctrl+c).